Disclaimer: While this oil is very effective and showed results, it might not be the case for everyone. But there is no harm in giving it a try.
This is my first port related to “Hair Care” and I thought it to be the best time to share with you all some of my favorite oils that I have used for myself as well as kids. Well, let’s include hubby dear too. I have years and years of relationship with these oils, I use them for different purposes but today is all about hair care so let’s get started. Women’s most common issue is hair fall specially after having kids and if you live in U.A.E, you’d know what I’m talking about. The water here is the main cause for hair fall. There may be other reasons for hair fall like stress, too much dandruff or inadequate attention towards hair ,we need to work on this as soon as possible or we will end up being bald. If not cured, it will just worsen. This is the reason people complain of less volume in hair. It’s a process, excessive hair fall leads to less hair! So I tried many oils but to be honest I become impatient after a month when I do not see obvious improvement. That’s the reason I keep experimenting and trying different oils.
Just so you know, I do not use any hair products such as hair spray, I do not use any kind of serums for ironing or curling (because I do not do them)The only products that I ever applied on my hair are shampoo, conditioner and hair oils. I have naturally thick, silky and soft hair but everything was ruined after I had baby. I had too much of hair fall and I didn’t attend to it immediately thinking it will be “fine” on its own. Don’t make this mistake.
So, finally I’m able to create my very own mixtures of oils that suited my hair because just after using it for one month only, I can see a difference. I’m not saying huge difference, but there is definitely one. I applied this daily on the first week, showered daily but applied shampoo only thrice a week but if I need to shampoo in between I use baby shampoo(by the way our family use baby shampoo hoping it has less chemicals). From the 2nd week on wards, I apply it on alternate days.
What you need:
- Almond Oil- 80ml OR 1/3 cup (available at LULU)
- Coconut Oil- 80ml OR 1/3 cup (Lulu & Carrefour)
- Castor Oil- 1 tbsp (Lulu & Carrefour)
- Black Seed Oil- 1 tbsp (Lulu & Carrefour)
- Empty Bottle- Daiso
- Measuring cup
The above info on where to buy the oils is for the residents of the UAE
Mix all 4 oils in one bottle and shake gently.
Note: Take equal portions of Almond and Coconut oil OR if you prefer, you can take more of coconut oil and lesser almond oil and adjust the rest of the measurement.
Just play around with the measurement according to what you think is your hair’s need. It is totally safe. Sometimes I take more coconut oil as it is my favorite for hair growth. 🙂
Watch the video to see how I do it.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS OIL WILL GIVE BEST RESULT IF APPLIED IN THE FOLLOWING WAY :
HOW TO APPLY :
- Take some oil in a bowl and dip fingers in.
- Apply oil on the scalp and massage very gently taking your time, this way you are pushing the oil into your scalp which is what we want.
- once you have covered the whole head, just run those oily fingers til the end of your hair with love 😉 Basically, apply oil all over your hair.
- Take warm water and dip towel inside. The water shouldn’t be too hot that it would burn at the same time not too cold because we want slight steaming for our hair. Squeeze out the water and wrap your hair covering your head. leave it on for 10 minutes. We are basically hot oiling it.
- Then, remove towel and apply hair mask. Watch the video below for the recipe and “How To”