This is the most requested post I ever had since starting my blogging journey. Many of us face issues regarding skin pigmentation, discoloration and imperfections a lot. Sometimes we are just too busy to even notice them not unless it becomes worse. But it is never too late to start taking care of yourself specially your skin.
There are many ways to treat dark circles professionally but they are all harmful for our skin in the long run due to chemicals used for the treatment. So the best option is always home remedy. Anything you apply on your face straight from the kitchen is the safest you can have for your skin. The remedies I am going to share below are so old school but trust me they do show results. It may take longer for some to see results but for any kind of treatment , one has have patience.
Before treating any kind of illness, one has to know the CAUSE.
- Stress (mental & physical)
- lack of sleep
- unhealthy diet
Home Remedies For Dark Circles
- Almond Oil- If you are someone who does not own almond oil yet, it is time to get one now. Not only is it beneficial for dark circles, but is very good for a lot of reasons. Massage almond oil under eyes at night , leave it on and wash with warm water the next day. Repeat this till result is seen.
- Cucumber– Cucumber is naturally very refreshing and has whitening properties. Cut thick slices of cucumber and refrigerate for about 20 to 30 minutes. Put the slices on the “panda eye” areas 😛 ,leave it on for about 15 minutes and wash with water. You can always play around with different things like adding lemon juice to cucumber. Lemon has whitening properties too. Make a paste of the cucumber and add lemon and apply. Do this twice a day,daily till you see desired result.
- Potato– this remedy is a bit of hard work. But if you want results, you gotta do it, girl. Refrigerate potato till it is cold, peel off and grate , squeeze the grated potato till you are able to extract some juice. With the help of cotton ball, apply the juice on affected areas. Leave it on overnight and wash the next day. Do this daily till you see results.
- Rose Water- We all have rose water in our homes ( I assume) . Rose water has very good skincare properties so why not make use of it here too? Dip cotton balls in rose water and put the cotton on closed lids covering the affected area. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Do this till you see results.
There are many other useful remedies for dark circles but I think the above should be enough, You can choose any one of the above that is convenient for you. If one doesn’t work, go for another one.
don’t forget to get back to me with the results, I would love to know how many of you actually benefited from this post. 🙂