So here is a continuation of my previous post regarding face/foundation routine ,dedicated specially for makeup beginners. <3
CLICK ON THE PICTURES BELOW TO READ THE DETAILED REVIEWS.
Today we will be knowing about “Eye routine” and information I am sharing here with you all is what I do when I apply makeup. As many of the beautiful and lovely ladies, keep asking me questions related to makeup, I thought why not dedicate a whole series to you all.
Please Note: I’m not an expert or any kind of beauty guru but playing with make up has given me enough experience that I can share with you all about it.This is simply how I do it and you can do it your way too with a little of information from here. 🙂
So moving on to the step by step guide, here is what you need to do.
First of all there is no rules as to which one should be done first. Face makeup or the eyes. So it is totally up to you which one you prefer. I personally like doing my eyes first because I usually do a lot of bold makeup and end up having fall outs, applying foundation after, helps a lot as I can still clean them then.
I really need to highlight this part just to make sure you don’t miss this point. As I will be suggesting products too that is suitable for beginners, please don’t expect me to be talking about Urban Decay Naked palettes. Because I won’t! As a beginner, I will never suggest anyone to go for high-end options as you will be doing trial and errors initially , you will need to get the feel of “it”first, you might not want to continue applying eyeshades etc and so spending a lot on high-ends for this purpose is just not practical. If you see your idol or friend that you look up to using UD or Lorac and they look so pretty, you do not have to go and get those palettes without thinking. They looked good because they applied makeup well. So you need to practice first and you will get those looks with any drugstore palette. If you have lots of money to waste, then go ahead. 😀
- Primer or Eyeshadow base- While I can live without using face primer, it is not the case with my eyes. I need some kind of prep for my eyes too. For that I use eyeshadow base. I have two favorite ones, that is the Lancome and NYX eyeshadow base. I use either one of them depending on the makeup that I am doing . If I am using bright shades I always like applying white eyeshadow base as this will intensify the color more, if I am doing neutral or smokey makeup I am fine with my beige eyeshadow base. Eye shadow base acts as a primer too and some are 2 in 1, primer+base like NYX eyeshadow base. You don’t have to go for primer and base separately. DO NOT BUY PRIMER AND BASE SEPARATELY NO MATTER HOW MUCH PEOPLE WILL TELL YOU TO. It is purely unnecessary. Buy yourself NYX white eyeshadow and it will work for both bright as well as neutral shades. NYX Jumbo pencil is ideal thing for this too. Very affordable and works perfectly. What? You think I missed mentioning the Urban Decay eye primer? No, I didn’t miss it. I just don’t want to suggest any unnecessary stuff to you. (Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against this brand, it’s just that , they are very costly specially for beginners and you get equally good products in the drugstore range) If you think that your eyeshadow is not having good pigmentation and that the color isn’t showing up then refer to this video on tricks to make the color pop using white eyeshadow base.
Suggested Eye Primers and base: NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk, NYX eyeshdow base in pot, Wet n Wild take on the day Prep and Prime(also considered as dupe of Urban Decay Prime Potion)
2. Eyeshadow palettes- I would really ask you to get palettes instead of individual eyeshades because,
a. It is economical
b. You get to play with few more colors and see what suits you.
Regarding which eyeshades should you get, cool tones or warm. It totally depends on your choice. But initially, I’d suggest you to get a palette with more of warm tones, like browns, grays, taupe etc because they are easy to work with and won’t be overwhelming for those who just started this journey. Practice with that single palette and once you feel the urge of trying out some bold colors, that is when you can really tell that you have practiced enough to be able to wear other colors confidently. So go ahead and get the colors you want to rock. Remember, applying eyeshadows need a lot of practice and there can never be a point in life when you can say ” I don’t need to practice anymore as I am an expert already” because you need to practice constantly to get a look you want. Even renowned MUA’s would practice a look they would want to do on their brides. If you think you are an expert, then this post is just not for you. 🙂
Get yourself mattes shades first as shimmery will be kind of tricky for beginners, however there is no restrictions. Just that mattes look good mostly and are easy to work with.
Suggested Eyeshadow Palettes: I’m not going to mention the names of the palettes as tehre are many, but I would definitely mention the brands so it is easy for your guys to check. I guess 4 suggestions are enough.
- Coastal scents eyeshadow palettes-they have plenty of palettes to offer for a very good price and quality. If you live in U.A.E, you can buy this brand from Alshop.com.
- . Nyx paletts- from Lifestyle for U.A.E residents
- Wet n Wild- from Lifestyle for U.A.E residents
- Morphe Brushes Eyeshadow palettes- From online stores , check this post for details.
Check the video version of this suggestion <3
3. Eyeliner- Eyeliners are everyone’s favorite. I mean even those girls who say they don’t wear makeup at all, have eyeliners in their collection along with lip glosses.
There are varieties of eyeliners, gel liners, pencils, kohls, pen, markers and what not. I personally think the easiest to apply are the pencil eyeliners as a beginner. Gel eyeliner has to be applied using a brush and that might get very challenging for newbies, similarly the pens and marker ones can get too messy. So ideally a beginner should have the pencil ones. Eyeliners come in different colors and so I won’t restrict you to only black however black is a must have.
Suggested eyeliners: Again, I’ll mention only brands. I have used the ones listed below and loved them. So next time you head to lifestyle, do explore these brands. 🙂
1. NYX Blackest black
4. Mascara- The makeup industry just have the solution to everyone’s problem specially a beautiful woman’s issues of having very short and thin lashes like myself. :/ So you need not worry now because there is this one mascara in the market that will do the trick for you. Getting the right mascara for myself has been a long journey for me as there were many hits and misses. Though I’ll suggest mascaras that I think are good, you will still need to find the right one for yourself. I think mascara is a very personal thing. It is not always that some random person gave a good review on a certain mascara and it just worked for me. Never happened. There are always ticks to make some products work and this is my trick on how to achieve longer lashes using even the worst mascara you have. 🙂
Suggested Mascara by me: Essence have surprisingly good mascaras for aed12 to 25, Maybelline, Loreal, Revlon, Max Factor and of course Avon.
For any questions, feel free to comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below in case you do not want your comment seen.