We women are so different from one another. While some would prefer vanilla latte(like me) , some would want to have black coffee. With makeup, it is totally the same formula. Some would want to have full makeup in their collection. would apply almost each and every item and go through the hassles of blending the colors of eyeshadows to getting the right amount of highlighter and bronzer while some would rather stay away from all of them and prefer having eyeliner , blush and a lip gloss only.
Then there are those who knows that makeup runs in their blood and are sure that’s what they are going to live for LOL (exaggeration but I’m sure you know what I mean). But every girl has to go through the dilemma of deciding which beauty product should be in her makeup kit , as a beginner. With many friends and acquaintances seeking help on this topic , I decided to give my share of advice or suggestion.
My makeup beginner kit is very simple. I believe in keeping only what you need if you are just starting with makeup for the following reasons: (later on you can keep stuff that you even do not need :P)
- you might be on a budget
- you wouldn’t want to spend on something you never know how it would turn out to be.
- you might want something then realize that you don’t really need that after purchasing.
- the lesser products , the easier to learn and master your skills on them.
So we have all the good reasons to keep it very less.
Here is what you need:
- makeup pouch/kit
- a lipstick or lip gloss- If you are wise ,get both the items for the price of one. Check out which dual lip gloss I am rocking at the moment, here .
- bb cream- applying foundation is a skill. I suggest getting yourself BB cream as it is easy to work with , no trick needed to apply that and not much of problem with shade. Once you are familiar applying this, go ahead and get your choice of foundation. You seriously do not need a face primer even as a pro, let alone beginner. (that’s another issue I’m going to touch later). Prep your skin before applying your makeup by applying moisturizer, it will work as primer and keep your makeup there all day long. Use your fingers to apply this and you are done.
- blush- Do no get carried away and buy a lot of colors. Choose a shade you think you’d like and good for everyday wear whether day or night.
- eyeshadow(Optional)- I labelled this as optional depending on what you really like. Some would want to just finish their makeup with eyeliner on, while some would want to get their hands on some eyeshadows. So choose a small palette with warm shades for a starter as they are easy to work with. No fear of looking so overwhelming.( what I have in the picture is NYX Love in Paris)
- eyeshadow brush- Get yourself one eyeshadow brush and one blending brush.
- mascara- Mascara is very important and shouldn’t be miss no matter what. Even if you are going for a makeup-free look, I suggest apply mascara in that case too. It helps eyes pop open and give it more wider/awakening look.
- eyeliner- No matter how we love gel liners as we see those perfect cat winged eyes, hold your excitement and get yourself pencil eyeliner for now. Anyway you wouldn’t be jumping on to creating that cat wing as a beginner, right? So make life easy and use pencil for now.
- concealer- A must have. you will need this to cover obvious imperfections as your BB cream might not do the job of covering everything.
- pressed powder- You need a powder to set your BB cream, for that choose one that suits your skin type.
- powder brush – to be used for blush and powder if you are using loose powder.
- angled brush- to give your eyebrows that perfect shape.
- spooly- my favorite brush to tame my brows before outlining them.
Hope you enjoyed looking at my beginner’s kit. What’s yours? Do you think I missed anything?