I have shared my previous night time skin care routine when I was new to blogging and many of you requested an updated version of it on what products I am currently using along with mini reviews.
The following is my current night-time skin care routine that is very simple and not time-consuming at all. Before anything, I would like to mention that I am 36 years old and have the combination to oily skin. In Winters, I am more on the drier side and Summers, more to the oily side. So if you are following my skin care regimen ,then make sure your skin type is similar to mine. I will be giving details on which skin type each product is suitable for.
Steps in order of application:
- Remove Eye Makeup: This is when I have my makeup on, so my first step is to remove eye makeup first as it has the most stubborn product on, like gel liner and mascara. So dealing with it first is best so it doesn’t smear all around my face and for that I use Neutrogena Deep Clean Eye makeup remover. I take a bit with a cotton pad, leave it on eyes while holding for around 10 seconds then wipe. Many use coconut oil for this but I just prefer using eye removers.
- Remove Face Makeup: Once I am done with eyes, I move on to remove face makeup and for that I love the GLowRadiance Micellar Water. One of the best makeup removers I have ever used. so gentle, not greasy at all and removes makeup perfectly.
- Cleansing: I don’t like to leave my face unwashed and just clean with makeup removers though you can totally leave it that way but on days when I have full makeup on, I like to go hardcore on cleaning my skin. I love using my Olay Cleansing brush and with it GlowRadiance Instant Foaming cleansing Gel Pura. This is my favorite combination at the moment.I love this foaming gel because it purifies skin and refines look of pores, helps controlling skin hydrous flow and improves water reserves and limits water loss. Gently and effectively removes dirt, excess oil and other debris from skin’s layers for a radiant and refreshed complexion. Plus it is a soap-free formula which I always look for . All these benefits is something that will delay arrival of wrinkles too🙈 You can use any face wash at this point of the routine it doesn’t matter as long as it is for your skin type. You can buy this product from BasharaShop.com with a 20% DISCOUNT not just on this product but any product on their website and on every purchase, you will receive a body mist, a body wash or a body lotion free and 3 products samples. The good news does not end here, on order of above aed300, you will get a beautiful bag for free. All you need to do is upon checking out, add the code “Veenagift” in the small box provided and you are entitled for all of the above offers.
- Exfoliate: For this, I use Clean & Clear skin Energizing daily face scrub. One of my favorite as it deals with the oil on my face leaving my skin very fresh and clean. Exfoliating is very important as it removes dead cells layering on top of skin and suck the dirt out of pores. By exfoliating regularly, the pigmentation and discoloration on skin will also lighten up eventually brightening the skin. This face wash is so gentle that I can use to daily with no fear of any can of skin damaging effects. After this step, I would soak towel in warm water, squeeze out the water and put on my face and let the smoke/heat work on my skin so it prepares my skin to absorb all the goodness of the products from step 5 on wards.
- Face Toner: One of the most important part of my skincare routine. There is a whole science about why toner is good but I will put it in easiest words as possible for you all to understand. When cleansing our face , steps 1 to 4, those products actually remove a layer that is on top of our skin that helps prevent the dirt from the environment to enter our pores and this toner will actually put back that layer. Hope it is clear. My favorite is the Sephora Instant Refreshing Toner. So gentle yet effective. I just love it! Ordered from www.sephora.ae
- Hydrating serum: At this point, skin would feel a little dry, stretched and tightened that’s because it went through all those products and now it time to return the moisture. And since I love oils, for this I am using Hydrating Serum from Shirley Conlon. It has Argan & Frankincense and a lot of other wonderful ORGANIC ingredients that is just going to benefit skin. Not greasy at all but at the same time very hydrating. It can be pricey, but a little goes a long way since you would need only 2 drops plus it is an organic product. Click HERE to order.
- Night Cream: For this my favorite is GlowRadiance Defy Night Cream. It rejuvenates skin,has essential fatty acids and shea butter that plumps and comforts skin with moisture while retinol deeply cleanses pores to heal and preventblemishes.It has a LOT of other amazing ingredients that I love for anti ageing and work on my skin’s glow. You can buy this product from BasharaShop.com with a 20% DISCOUNT not just on this product but any product on their website and on every purchase, you will receive a body mist, a body wash or a body lotion free and 3 products samples. The good news does not end here, on order of above aed300, you will get a beautiful bag for free. All you need to do is upon checking out,add the code “Veenagift” in the small box provided and you are entitled for all of the above offers.
- Eyes and lip serum: For this , my favorite is organic coconut oil which I apply around my eyes and on lips.
My favorite place to shop drugstore skin care products is Boots Pharmacy from the range Botanics, UAE.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post and thoughts expressed here is based on my personal experience.
I have never exfoliated daily.
I will buy the daily face scrub & will follow this routine-am sure it’ll help
oooooooo and i just love it 😀 😀 😀 Explained very well Veena
Need to start using toners.
Hi,is it necessary to to use the toner after exfoliating the skin in day and night???