I don’t know why it took me two months to post about my favorite face scrubs. Maybe I just wanted to use and try them more before bringing them in front of you all. Face scrub is one of the most important part of my skin care regimen. As I have combination skin and mostly oily in the hot season, I love scrubbing my face due to the immediate result I get after doing so. Soft and smooth skin!
What is a face scrub?
A skin care product that removes dead cells accumulating on your skin , cleans the inside of the pores and makes your skin smooth ,soft and gives it a healthy glow.
When do we need it? How often should we scrub our face?
Once or twice a week should be enough for normal skin. I do it thrice as my skin gets so oily in summers and becomes very dull most of the time. I have a combination to oily skin and my skin goes crazy with the weather hence scrubbing my face helps my skin bring back the glow and remove dullness. Scrubbing is also called Exfoliating.
Moving on to my recommended face scrubs here is the first one:
1. Scrub Your Nose In It by Soap&Glory: The name is so tricky, at one moment I thought it is for nose and the first time I used it, I strictly followed the instructions written to apply it on a damp “T-zone”. With this , I was more convinced it is for my nose! I rubbed it gently all over my T-zone area and left it on for 2 minutes and rinsed. The result was amazing! I can see very less white heads(as I have no black heads) and my pores seemed to become tiny. I used it this way 2 or 3 times I guess, when I felt the urge of treating the rest of my face nicely,hence decided to apply it all over my face and from then onwards, I did it like that. Now that it is empty, then only I read the label where it is written that it is a “special pore refining formula FACIAL SCRUB”!!!! Ughh! How could I be so dumb.See that tiny line on top of the “SCRUB YOUR NOSE IN IT”
That’s so me by the way. Okay now that it is clear that it is actual a facial scrub, let me continue telling you all how much I love it.
The scrub inside is of thick consistency with very tiny pearls, that’s what I call the microbeads by the way,minty in color and feels so as well. I love how it does the work on my face. At times when I’m in a hurry, I just apply it on face in circular motion and rinse immediately without leaving it on for sometime and it still works perfectly. It has that fresh, minty sensation when on skin and that’s actually how I know it has started working on my skin. It does work wonders! You’ll see a huge difference once you start using.
Bought this for AED50 from Boots
P.S I had to click the picture of the empty tube just to show you how much I loved it that I used up even the last drop of it. Recommended by a dear friend Rustic Beauty
VLCC Pineapple & Papaya Gentle Exfoliating Scrub: When I saw this on the shelf while doing my grocery, I had no clue about how it is, how is it going to work etc when normally I look for reviews first before I purchase anything. What attracted me was “VLCC” as this brand was kind of a hit here and second thing that caught my attention was “Papaya” . Anything related to papaya means a “good skin”. At least that’s what I kept hearing from elders since my child hood. Hence, with not much of thoughts, I picked it.
It has tiny microbeads which doesn’t feel harsh at all on the skin, smells fruity and feels very light. By light, I mean you can easily tell it is not one of those very strong chemicalised beauty products that we dread on applying at times. Your skin won’t feel very dry or stretched after using,which makes it ideal for those with normal skin and not-too-oily.
Available in any supermarket in U.A.E
Tea Tree Witch Hazel Exfoliating Face Scrub: Been hearing a lot about tea tree oil’s benefits when it comes to skin, how can I just ignore the related products specially when you are at Boots. The sales lady told me this was a new product specially for oily skin. So I knew, I just had to get it. Besides the scrub, I bought face wash and facial toner of the same range. But I’m not going to be talking about the rest of the products here and instead concentrate on this scrub.
The consistency is a bit thin/liquidy due to which you’d feel the microbeads a bit harsh on your skin. So for this one, you need to keep a very light hand when applying and just do a very gentle little strokes in circular motion instead of “scrubbing” as you wouldn’t want to damage your skin. A very light touch is good enough to do the job. But the product is amazing guys. But be sure that you really have an oily skin before using this as it sucks the excess oil out of your skin.
Available in any Boots Pharmacy in U.A.E
Ranking the above in order of favorites :
1. Soap & Glory Scrub You Nose In It
2. Tea Tree Witch Hazel
3. VLCC Pineapple & Papaya
So we are done now with my recommendations of facial scrubs. In case you don’t know how to use, read ahead… 🙂
1. Wash your face with water.
2. Take ample amount of scrub and apply all over face, neck and if desired you can go down towards cleavage too.
3. Massage gently with light fingers , do it harder on your T-Zone.
4. Rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry.
5. Apply moisturiser.
Tips: Keep your scrub handy, somewhere easily accessible so you don’t forget to use. To be able to buy the effective and best scrub , you should first know your skin type. Exfoliating face helps make you skin care products work effectively on your skin as your skin is already very clean by the time you are done so the rest of the products will do their work properly
Hope you find this helpful, I’ll be sharing a home made recipe of facial scrub as I always try out natural remedies too. Previously I posted about home made lip exfoliator.